Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Butterfly

I am priviledged to be friends with a lady named Rebecca Hyde.  She was recently named the best artist in Colorado Springs.  Check out her awesome work here.  This year she was chosen to participate in the 4th annual Butterflies & Friends project for the Colorado Springs Rotary Club.  Artists are given a blank butterfly sculpture to convert into public pieces of art.  She asked me to take pictures of her sculpture, I was honored.  I have never taken pictures of art before, and it was a whole new ballgame.  Her sculpture will be on display at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort for the next few months, go check it out!!


Her butterfly is titled "Unbound"



Isn't it beautiful?






One of the things I love most about it is that every inch of it is interesting.



I mean, look at this.  It could be a painting all on its own!





Please go check out her butterfly, and the many other butterflies around town, they are beautiful!
To learn more about the Butterflies and Friends project go here.

2 comments:

Unknown July 20, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

Thanks Rachael!!! You Rock the Party that Rocks the Party! (I want a print of the titanium wheel close-up.)

Maureen July 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM  

I remember when they did this a few years ago with bears. Such a fun idea. Very lovely sculpture!